[asterisk-users] Lost setting up IAXmodem after drive crash

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Nov 27 17:27:42 CST 2007

A few weeks ago, I lost my Trixbox that was all set up with Hylafax and
IAXmodem.

I am trying to set it up for

email > procmail > faxmail > iaxmodem > asterisk >sipext > ATA (with
attached fax).

I have followed all the instructions on creating the IAX extension and
configuring the IAXmodem config file.  I can see the connection in Asterisk:

iax2 show peers
Name/Username    Host                 Mask             Port
Status
24729            127.0.0.1       (D)  255.255.255.255  32770
Unmonitored
1 iax2 peers [0 online, 0 offline, 1 unmonitored]

at this point I am SUPPOSE to be able to test with sendfax:

sendfax -d 2201 /etc/hylafax/hyla.conf

and nothing happens that I can tell.  I see some files in spool/hylafax:

ls docq/ -lstr
total 24
 4 -rw-------  1 uucp 60002     1 Nov 27 15:04 seqf
 8 -rw-r-----  1 uucp 60002  6636 Nov 27 15:04 doc1.ps
12 -rw-r-----  1 uucp 60002 11264 Nov 27 15:04 cover1

Then I found in tmp:

cat tmp/ttyIAX0_last_wedged_email
1196204456

This is a temp file written and read by bin/wedged to rate-limit
the emails it sends about the wedged status of device /dev/ttyIAX0.

The first line contains a timestamp for when the last email was sent.

This file is never deleted automatically, there's no need to do it
and it may be useful to know when/if a device had last a problem.
However, you can safely delete it at any time if you wish, it will
be recreated when needed.

last modified: Tue Nov 27 18:00:56 EST 2007

What have I left out?