[asterisk-users] Attended transfer to Queue

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:31:16 CST 2007

Hi,

I will confess immediately that this is only tested on 1.2.24, and I
would be interested to know if it happens on 1.4, but I cannot find a
bug-tracker entry which represents this issue.

Consider a PSTN call which comes into asterisk, and is bridged to a
SIP phone. The phone operator then places the call on hold (hold music
plays) and a second call is made from this handset to a Queue...
Operator can now hear hold music from the queue.

The operator then completes the attended transfer, bridging the
initial PSTN call to the Queue.

The system sees a transfer being completed, and stops MOH on both of
the channels. This means that the caller is correctly transferred to a
queue, but the MOH has been stopped, and they hear silence.

While this behaviour is "expected", it is not "ideal" and if anyone
can point me at a workaround, or an existing bug-tracker entry, I
would be most grateful.

Thanks,
Steve