[asterisk-users] Recommendations for 100 Wifi SIP phone setup

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:39:46 CST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 9:52 AM, Alberto Pastore <alberto at msoft-italia.com> wrote:

> I also found the Pirelli DP-L10 dual phone to be an excellent sip client
> with good roaming support and discrete battery saving capability.
> (Used in a 14-cell wifi network with 40 cellphones).

I don't know what to say I have not used the Pirelli phone but at the
same time it is the same ODM as most of the Linksys and D-Link phone
and I have not been too pleased with those. They work. They roam ok
but they also lock up every so often and the call quality isnt the
best. You can tell the G729 codec is very taxing on the device it can
take 2 sec for the phone to respond to a keypress.

http://www.wneweb.com/Datacom/VoWLAN.htm
http://www.wneweb.com/Mobile/Dual_Net.htm

RRPB-81 = Linksys WIP300
SRP8-01 = Dlink DPH-540 & 3Com 3C10408A