[asterisk-users] Remove a TDM Card

Sasa sasa at shoponweb.it
Mon Nov 26 09:25:25 CST 2007

Hi, I would like remove a Digium TDM2400P from Asterisk (version 1.2.13) box
but when I remove card from the PC after reboot Asterisk not started
correctly.
On box now with TDM Card I have:

root at voip:~# lsmod
Module                  Size                     Used by
zaphfc                  16796                    6
wctdm24xxp        63552                    5
zaptel                   192132                 26     zaphfc,wctdm24xxp

The kernel version is:
2.6.19.2

..then I have in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules:
rc.modules
rc.modules-2.4.33.3

..both files are identical:

#!/bin/sh
/sbin/modprobe zaptel
/sbin/modprobe zaphfc modes=3 && /sbin/ztcfg -vvvvvv
/sbin/modprobe wctdm24xxp && /sbin/ztcfg -vvvvvv

..in zapata.conf I have:

signalling=fxs_ls
group = 3
channel => 1-5

..and in zaptel.conf I have:
fxsls=1-24

..now my dobious is about correct steps for remove TDM Card from PC, I think
that:

- remove line configuration in zapata.conf and zaptel.conf
- remove in  rc.modules and rc.modules-2.4.33.3 line:
/sbin/modprobe wctdm24xxp && /sbin/ztcfg -vvvvvv
- rmmod wctdm24xxp
- reboot

..this procedure is ok ?
Thanks.