[asterisk-users] OT: Best firmware for Linksys Router that is "SIP AWARE"

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:08:08 CST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 7:51 AM, Dovid B <asteriskusers at dovid.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently playing with DD-WRT and I like it. I am looking for something
> that is more "SIP Aware". Anyone know one those that are out there ?

Dovid - what exactly are you hoping this "sip aware" firmware will do
that dd-wrt doesn't?  I've been using dd-wrt in combination with
various SIP ITSPs for several years and have had no problems - just
add the necessary port forwards and a few traffic shaping rules and it
works just fine.  I do know that they (the dd-wrt people) have a voip
edition of dd-wrt available.  I'm not sure what additional
functionality it has over the standard version, though.

-erik