[asterisk-users] Recommendations for 100 Wifi SIP phone setup

sunil at koltelecom.com sunil at koltelecom.com
Sun Nov 25 14:26:54 CST 2007

Hi all,

Im preparing a quote for a 5 Star hotel, planning to have around 100
SIP Wifi phones for PBX operations running on 100 AccessPoints.
Network is running in ARUBA Networks - AP70 access points.

The initial recommendation is to go for Hitachi Wifiphones, but i
would like to know from the group the recommendations. Im planning to
put up Asterisk as the PBX, Please advice me the do's and donts as i'm
not experienced on such heavy installation which are mission critical.
I had been using asterisk on small profiles and this would be my first
Pro setup with wifi handsets if all goes as planned.

the Key Questions are

Is Asterisk good enough? or do we need a another Proxy like SER?

What is the experience with Hitachi Wifi phone's? Any specific Issues?

Any such installations done? Please do a detail

Looking for experiences..

Thanks

Sunil Charly
Manager - Business Planning