[asterisk-users] spandsp as T.38 termination?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Nov 25 09:11:03 CST 2007

Olivier wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Do you mean T.38 passthrough ou T.38 to T.30 gateway ?
> The former is said to work with Asterisk 1.4 but the latter is not ...
I know about what Asterisk 1.4 can do.  And Asterisk 1.2 only does T.30
passthrough  :)  You need 'stuff' to handle fax.  Stuff like spandsp,
IAXmodem and T38modem.

So using spandsp and rxtax and txfax you **SHOULD** be able to set up a
efax with T.38 systems.

Also T38modem will make the connection to Hylafax for the same.