[asterisk-users] Problem installing Asterisk

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Sat Nov 24 21:59:05 CST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tilghman Lesher" <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Problem installing Asterisk

> On Wednesday 21 November 2007 12:13:41 Matt wrote:
>> On Nov 21, 2007 11:45 AM, Tilghman Lesher
>> <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>
>>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > me

>> > We don't support version 1.2.6 anymore.  That is a VERY old version.
>>
>> Sadly, it is one of the only stable versions.
>
> Unfortunately, it's also full of identified security issues, some of which
> are
> remotely exploitable.
>
>> Is 1.4 even out of beta
>> yet?   I'm not aware that it is, yet it's being forced down people's
>> throats.
>
> 1.4 has been out of beta for close to a year.

In my eyes it is still Beta till ABE is out there and running smoothly for
at least a month or two. My problem is that I do not have time to be a beta
tester. Another point when I did enter what I thought were bugs due to my
limited knowledge of asterisk (in the beginning) I was told off for not
having my facts. I did my research and I thought there was still a bug. I
only try to give of my time to those that are willing to be nice about it ;)