[asterisk-users] Odd bug in Siemens C460IP ?

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Thu Nov 22 15:02:45 CST 2007

Hello,

I think I have encountered an odd bug in Siemens C460 IP/dect handsets,
which is a bit annoying, and I'm not (yet) sure how to get round it without
lots of hacks.

Basically, on all external incoming calls, we set:

exten => s,n,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Bellcore-dr2)

This causes handsets (i.e. Cisco 7960 / Grandstream / aastra) to set a
different ring cadence so to differentiate between external and internal
calls.

Other handsets that do not support Alert-Info: just ignore the presence
of this header.

When this header is set in a call to the C460 IP, it does not alert, in fact
it does not respond to any INVITE requests; asterisk just retries the
requests a few times and then gives up.

Anyone able to reproduce?  I have firmware version 010700000000 / 041.00

I suppose as a workaround I could add an astDB entry for these extensions,
and a bit of logic in the dialplan to tell asterisk not to add the header
for extensions that have that flag set.

Regards,

Rob

--