[asterisk-users] Caller ID Question

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Nov 21 14:18:18 CST 2007

Are you calling the other phones by URL or through asterisk?  if your
phone is registered to asterisk, and you ask to dial a number, it will
connect through asterisk to another registered phone.  If you ask to
dial a url from the polycoms, i.e. sip:user at host, then it will connect
directly to the other SIP UA, skipping asterisk entirely.  This is
typically when you see the URL on the screen of the receiving phone.

Am I clear?  Sorry if I'm not.

Mojo