[asterisk-users] Aastra 480i CT - No Incoming Calls

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Wed Nov 21 13:17:47 CST 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 21.11.2007, 13:47 -0500 schrieb lists at techmethods.com:
> I just bought an Aastra 480i CT for a client who needed cordless
> capabilities in their office.  I'm trying to set up the base station and
> cordless handset in my office first.  I'm able to connect the phone to
> my Asterisk box and make outgoing calls from either the base station or
> the handset - to extensions within my office as well as numbers outside
> the network.  But I can't receive calls on either the base station or
> the handset.  All of the calls go strait to voice mail.
>
> I've never had this problem with the phones I use in my office - Linksys
> SPA942.  What am I doing wrong?

Hi Danny,

I do not know what you are doing wrong, but you could check the
following:

- Is Do-not-disturb possibly activated on the phone? (just checking)
- What does "sip show peers" say (in on-hook mode, is the phone
correctly registered to asterisk?)
- What does the CLI show when you call the phone from another
extensions, with "verbose" somewhere around 10?
- Might NAT have to do with it? Something special with the network
socket you use for the phone?
- You have a recent firmware on it, I guess. Better check that anyway.

Best regards
Anselm