[asterisk-users] [DB] Insert only one prefix for multiple numbers?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 21 09:50:28 CST 2007

Hello

Some of our customers bought a bunch of phone numbers whose prefix is
the same, eg. 555-12xx -> 555-1200, 555-1201, etc. There's a telco
name for this, but I forgot what it's called (think it's DID in ISDN.)

To avoid having to input all those numbers in the DB in the cidname
group, is there a way to have Asterisk translate any such number to
the same CID name? I'm thinking of something like 555-12??/Acme Inc.

Thank  you.