[asterisk-users] AstLinux WebSite Problem

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:16:13 CST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 12:27 PM, JR Richardson <jmr.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI Kristian.
>
> http://www.astlinux.org/
>
> Unable to connect to database server
> This either means that the username and password information in your
> settings.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the MySQL database
> server. This could mean your hosting provider's database server is
> down.
>
> The MySQL error was: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
> socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111).
>
> --
> JR Richardson
> Engineering for the Masses

JR,

  Many people have noticed, I might as well provide an update.

  The goofy Dell Megaraid controller in the machine that hosts
astlinux.org flaked out over the weekend and due to a political
problem in the datacenter where it is hosted no one has been able to
get physical access to reboot the system...  The filesystems are all
ro and pretty much unusable.  Anything already running is fine (hence
the apache error message) but mysql died a while ago (couldn't write
to the disk)!

  It's funny - we can't reboot it because nothing can be read from the
disk, including binaries like reboot, shutdown (or even scp, etc to
copy something to tmpfs)!

  Luckily most of the other content (SVN, releases, etc) is hosted at
SourceForge:

http://www.sf.net/projects/astlinux/

--
Kristian Kielhofner