[asterisk-users] Help: How to configure SIP domain on SPA942

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 19 14:28:08 CST 2007

19 nov 2007 kl. 04.53 skrev Philip Prindeville:

> I'm using a bunch of SPA942's, and I'm trying to provision them mostly
> by DHCP (and what I can't set that way, I try to provision via HTTP
> interface into the phone).
>
> I changed the domain in my AstLinux config from "astlinux" to
> redfish-solutions.com, and set
> that in my sip.conf file as well:
>

> context=incoming
> canreinvite=no
> realm=redfish-solutions.com
> domain=redfish-solutions.com,incoming-redfish
> tos=184
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=gsm
> localnet=192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0
> externip=X.X.X.X
>

> (Footnote:  do I need a default context?  I'd rather not having
> one... I'd rather specify where
> my calls go explicitly...)
>

> However, my phones don't seem to be registering with any (symbolic)
> domain...  just the IP address
> of their DHCP or TFTP server (can't tell which, since it's the same
> box).
>

> <-- SIP read from 192.168.10.187:5060:
> REGISTER sip:192.168.10.1 SIP/2.0

It surprises me that a LInksys converts the domain to an IP address,
that's broken.
If you add autodomain=yes the IP address will be accepted to, or add
it as a domain.
The problem with these devices is that you don't know which domain
they where
configured for, since something is translating the domain to an IP
address. With
that logic, you can't separate and host multiple domains in the same
SIP server.

/O

---
* Olle E Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Asterisk SIP Masterclass - Stockholm, Sweden, Jan 2008
* Register today at http://edvina.net