[asterisk-users] Gigaset S450ip and simultaneous calls

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Mon Nov 19 09:25:52 CST 2007

Am Montag, den 19.11.2007, 13:45 +0100 schrieb Olivier:
> Hi,
>
> My Gigaset S450ip allows 2 simulatneous calls when each incoming call
> are targeted to different phones.
> When both calls target the same extension, the second one is forwarded
> to voicemail.
>
> I couldn't check yet SIP messages but has anyone met this limitation
> (one simultaneous call per phone) ?

Hi Olivier,

please read the manual.

The german version (available online on gigaset.de) states on p. 33 that
this feature can be activated or deactivated via phone menu. If you
enable "call waiting", incoming second calls will give the caller the
usual ring sound, and the phone in use will have a sound and optical
message that a call is waiting. If it is deactivated (which will be the
case at your setup), calls will be rejected, and with many SIP providers
this means they go to voicemail.

The german menu item is called "Netzdienste -> VoIP -> Anklopfen", which
will probably be like "Network services -> VoIP -> Call waiting" in the
English version.

HTH
Anselm