[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 with LDAP

Alejandro Cabrera Obed acabrera at sintys.gov.ar
Mon Nov 19 07:18:47 CST 2007

Anthony Francis wrote:
> Pepo wrote:
>
>> Hi friends.
>>
>> How do I can use Asterisk 1.4 with LDAP? I need it because the system must use
>> just one password for each user for everything.
>>
>> A lot of thanks.
>>

> What exactly in asterisk would your LDAP be authenticating? Sip
> registrations? Thats a device, not a user.

In my case, I have a LDAP service that manages users and passwords where
mail and squid users from my LAN authenticate to. So I'll be very happy
if I can put Asterisk 1.4 users (defined in sip.conf) to authenticate to
my LDAP service. An example of my user definition in sip.conf is:

[alejandro]
type=friend
username=alejandro
secret=xxx