[asterisk-users] Asterisk Sound File

Baji Panchumarti baji.panchumarti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 06:58:13 CST 2007

  On Nov 19, 2007 3:45 AM, Abdul  wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was playing with asterisk .gsm sound file to work for callback.
>
> But the quality is very poor and sound is very low so we cannot clearly hear
> what is sound played.
>
> Is there any option in asterisk to increase the volume of the IVR files or
> any suggestion to get maximum quality of sound?

 I am not familiar with this particular file, but you can increase
 the volume of any sound file using sox (sound exchanger) util
 to double the volume (linear increase)

     sox -v 2.0  old_file  new_file

 then use the new_file and see if volume improves.

 find out which codec is being used when the file is played, if
 using SIP :

      sip show channels

 I have found that a sound file transcoded to a less compressed
 code, sounds worse. so a gsm converted to ulaw sounds worse
 than the gsm. if it is a transcoding issue, get a file of the right
 codec.