[asterisk-users] modifying a dialed exension before dialplan processing

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Nov 17 19:30:56 CST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 20:14 -0500, Baji Panchumarti wrote:

>  just out of curiosity are you dialing out of * on an analog
>  line or are you terminating thru a sip provider,

Both for now.  I am in transition from analog to a VSP (via IAX in
fact).

I know where you are going with this, yes, it seems my VSP will take a
1NXXNXXXXXX even for numbers which are local, and we are in 10 digit
dialling land here now, so much of this "should I dial 1 or not" goes
away when the POTS line goes away.

Cheers,
b.