[asterisk-users] modifying a dialed exension before dialplan processing

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Nov 17 18:45:53 CST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 12:50 -0600, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> The real solution is for the phone to stop screwing with the digits you
> are dialing.

No disrespect intended, but don't you think if I could change the
behaviour of the phone, I would?  But like most "black box" consumer
devices, I don't have control to do that.

> It's obvious that if you plugged that phone into the PSTN
> it would not work at all.

Of course it wouldn't.  The 8-pin RJ45 ethernet cable wouldn't fit into
a standard 6 pin phone jack.  :-)  This is an [S]IP phone with no
configurability of the software.  It's actually sold to be used with a
specific VOIP provider.  I'm just spoofing it to use my asterisk box.

Unfortunately the (consumer) IP phone market is still quite young and
the consumer base small and as such, prices are quite high, which means
having to buy something like what I have and spoofing a little to make
it do what I want.

> Find out why and fix it.

No can do AFAIK.  It's a closed firmware for a specific purpose.

Cheers,
b.