[asterisk-users] Change the Voice promps in asterisk 1.4

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Sat Nov 17 06:43:22 CST 2007

voip crazy wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Which is the best way to change the default Voice promps in asteriosk
> 1.4from english to french?

You obtain/record new voice recordings, and add those
under /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr/.  Maybe someone has done this
already and you can borrow their recordings?

> And if I would like to add a new Voice promp set, how is the way to
> do?

I have used the recording system in voicemail, and then just moved the
messages from /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/<mailbox> to where I needed
them.  Not sure if this is the best way, but it does the job.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - your spam is our business.