[asterisk-users] modifying a dialed exension before dialplan processing

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Nov 16 18:38:18 CST 2007

I have a phone (a panasonic globalrange phone) which always sends a
fully qualified phone number.  That is, for a local Canadian number,
even if I key in 6135551212 it actually sends to asterisk
01116135551212.  This means of course, along with "normal" phones I end
up having twice as many extensions for outdialed numbers.

Is there any way I could canonicalize this down to the more normal
NXXNXXXXXX format before I process through all of my dialplan rules?
Effectively it means being able to alter ${EXTEN}.

Is this doable in any way?

b.