[asterisk-users] reload command

Tony Plack Tony at plack.net
Fri Nov 16 08:26:35 CST 2007

> I'm talking about the command:
>
> /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "reload"
>
> Jerry

I am not sure why one would need reload these days unless you are making changes to the code in the modules.

My guess is that you are doing this after a change to extensions.conf.  If this is the case, please try

	/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "extensions reload"

or if you need to reload a specific module

	/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "module reload xxxxx"

Of course if you have a sip call in progress and you call reload on chan_sip, expect that the connection will be broken.