[asterisk-users] Building an Asterisk 1.4 RPM.

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 17:31:37 CST 2007

I'm a little confused. I'd like to build an RPM for Asterisk 1.4.
Is it better to modify and use the spec file under redhat/asterisk.spec and run a 'make rpm', OR is it better to build a custom spec file from scratch and use 'rpmbuid -ba' <specfile>?

How do people normally do it?

The problem I see with a custom spec file is that since the source is all contained within a tar.gz file, there's no way to interactively run a 'make menuselect' first and customise or remove what you don't need. For example, if I don't do this, the ogg vorbis module is installed by default, and then when I go to install my rpm, there's complaints all round if the ogg vorbis libs aren't already installed.

Doug.

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs