[asterisk-users] Cisco 7911/7941/7970/7971 Softkey XML Files

Anciso, Roy roy at manistee.org
Wed Nov 14 08:06:12 CST 2007

The Cisco Documentation states that you can modify standard and
nonstandard softkey templates.  They may not be xml files. I just
assumed they were xml since that is what is used to configure the phone.

Here is snip from the 7911G documentation that states you can configure
the private key (which is really all I need) and modifying the softkeys:

"Configuring Softkey Templates

Using Cisco Unified CallManager Administration, you can manage softkeys
associated with applications that are supported by the Cisco Unified IP
Phone 7906G and 7911G. Cisco Unified CallManager supports two types of
softkey templates: standard and nonstandard. Standard softkey templates
include Standard User, Standard Feature, Standard IPMA Assistant,
Standard IPMA Manager, and Standard IPMA Shared Mode Manager An
application that supports softkeys can have one or more standard softkey
templates associated with it. You can modify a standard softkey template
by making a copy of it, giving it a new name, and making updates to that
copied softkey template. You can also modify a nonstandard softkey
template.

To configure softkey templates, select Device > Device Settings >
Softkey Template from Cisco Unified CallManager Administration. To
assign a softkey template to a phone, use the Softkey Template field in
the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Phone Configuration page.
Refer to Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Cisco Unified
CallManager System Guide for more information."

Here is the link to configuring a 7911G phone with SIP and instructions
for modifying the softkeys.

http://cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_admini
stration_guide_chapter09186a0080798562.html#wp1058838

So again, if anyone can post the softkey templates I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks