[asterisk-users] Problem with AGI Script

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 07:59:48 CST 2007

I have asterisk 1.2.18 running on a new system we just installed.   Although
I've used AGIs many times in the past, I'm stumped on this one.  It may just
be a simple issue that I need another eyeset to look at.

My AGI does the following:
#!/usr/bin/perl

#Load a few modules...
use Asterisk::AGI;
use DBI;

$AGI = new Asterisk::AGI;

#Grab input from Asterisk
my %input = $AGI->ReadParse();

#Some Debugging
$AGI->exec('SayDigits',$ARGV[0]);
exit;
--------
All seems fine.  If I run the script from the command line it works as
expected:
[root at efax agi-bin]# ./GetEmailFromDID.agi 333
EXEC SayDigits "333"

However, when actually running in practice I get:
   -- Executing AGI("Zap/23-1", "GetEmailfromDID.agi|5706016716") in new
stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/GetEmailfromDID.agi
    -- AGI Script GetEmailfromDID.agi completed, returning 0
--------
extensions.conf
[macro-faxreceive]
exten => s,1,Set(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => s,2,agi(GetEmailfromDID.agi|${CALLERID(number)})
exten => s,3,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
exten => s,104,Set(EMAILADDR=faxbin at efaxplace.net)
exten => s,105,Goto(3)

Any thoughts on why asterisk doesn't seem to be passing anything to the
script and the script doesn't seem to be passing anything back?  When I call
I do not hear the digits read to me, instead I just get thrown to the next
object after the digit reading.