[asterisk-users] Nortel digital FXO channel bank? Exists?

Rupert Utteridge - Digital Techniques (Asia) Limited rupertu at dtasia.com.au
Wed Nov 14 06:27:15 CST 2007

Citel SIP handset gateways at www.dtasia.net

Rupert Utteridge
Director - Sales & Marketing
Digital Techniques (Asia) Limited
4 The Lee
Middle Cove, NSW, 2068
Australia

Tel:  +61 2 9037 4191
Mobile:  +61 424 373 516

Web:  www.dtasia.net

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:00:54 -0500
From: Jon Pounder <JonP at inline.net>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Nortel digital FXO channel bank?
	Exists?
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

Quoting Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca>:

> We have a client with a Nortel PBX with digital phone sets.  Due to T1
> problems (old firmware), we are interested in trying a FXO channel bank.
>
> Is there a channel bank (or equivalent) which emulates Meridian digital
> phone sets?  In order words, an FXO channel bank that's Meridian digital?

I think the basic wireline signalling is isdn bri for that, but with
non-standard protocols.

ie the channel bank would talk to the ksu/pbx, but nothing but a
reverse of the same hardware would understand anything on the other
end of the t1.

ps - this sort of channel bank would be pricey at best, rediculous
probably in reality.

I would try other solutions before even attempting this sort of thing
since the odds of success are probably not too high.