[asterisk-users] [Fwd: Re: VoiceMail hangup]

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Nov 13 09:11:54 CST 2007

Am Dienstag, den 13.11.2007, 09:29 -0500 schrieb Il Neofita:
> Hi
> I have the same problem
>
> On Nov 13, 2007 9:10 AM, marcotasto <marcotasto at libero.it> wrote:
> > Hi Neofita, Doug and All.
> >
> > I think I've the same problem but I don't know if it's related to the bug suggested below.
> > I try to explain my behavior:
> > - I dial the voicemail extension.
> > - I hear: "You have 1 new message. Press 1 for new messages, press 2 for... or # to exit" (I listen the complete message or most part of it)
> > - I press 1
> > - I can hear the first recorded message.
> >
> > But, if:
> > - I dial the voicemail extension.
> > - I hear "you have 1 new message. Press 1..." 1 pressed (without waiting for the message playing)
> > - Asterisk hangups.
> >
> > I'm not always able to replicate the problem but, as "Il Neofita", I'm using the italian prompts... could be a problem related to that?
> >
> > Bye and regards
> >
> > Marco Signorini.

Marco, Il Neofita,

it seems you exactly found that bug. May I suggest a workaround idea:

After the dialplan call to VoiceMail() for leaving the message, call an
AGI script that checks the related directory, especially the last
message. If it is less than 45 bytes, remove it. That AGI need not be
too complicated, might be a bash script like

#!/bin/bash
for A in /var/spool/asterix/voicemail/default/* ; do
  for B in ${A}/*.wav ; do
    SIZE=`ls -l --color=never ${B} | awk "{print \$5; }"`
    if [[ $SIZE -le 44 ]] ; then
      rm -f $B
    fi
  done
done

Caveat emptor, just a quick idea.

Trying another file format for voicemail recording might also be an
option, as this seems to relate to the wav header somehow. You might
choose alaw, ulaw, perhaps gsm or speex... Give it a try, and report
back if that helps. The voip-info.org wiki page about voicemail.conf
should tell you how to exactly set that up.

BR
Anselm