[asterisk-users] ztdummy, zttest

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Mon Nov 12 17:33:12 CST 2007

Hello,

On Nov/12/2007, Tony Plack wrote:
>    Debian as well as everyone else  2.6.18-5
>
>    Zaptel is branch/1.4 latest.
>
>    The issue is not with Zaptel though...IMHO.  If you look at
>    /proc/driver/rtc, I find:

>    periodic_IRQ    : no

>    If you notice, there is no periodic_IRQ.  That is the issue.  To me (and

If I correctly remember, I have this in "yes" :-|

>    the kernels reported here) it is a Debian kernel problem.

Here working with Debian, in a Dell server. I have found some references
about Dell and RTC.

>    If I turn off ACPI, Zaptel works, but the box performance is awful because

Not here :-(

>    other things, which depend on ACPI do not have interrupts.
>
>    I have read some places that if you have the Hard Drive Suppend in the
>    BIOS enabled, you will get this situation.  However, I would check the
>    /proc/driver/rtc to see that you have periodic_IRQ.

I will change BIOS options and other things on Wednesday, since we don't
have right now physical access to this server.

In other boxes ztdummy worked like a charm...

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona