[asterisk-users] Polycom Speakerphone

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Mon Nov 12 13:05:50 CST 2007

On Monday November 12 2007 1:50 pm, Doug wrote:
> At 08:38 11/12/2007, Eric Jacksch wrote:
>  >Hello all,
>  >
>  >We're using a lot of the linksys phones, and while user feedback is
>  >generally positive, the speakerphone leaves a bit to be desired.
>  >
>  >For those of you using the polycom desk phones, how do you find the
>  > built-in speakerphone?
>  >
>  >Thanks,
>  >Eric
>
> Excellent speakerphone.  Extremely cumbersome to
> configure.

I do not understand how you can say that the Polycoms are  "Extremely
cumbersome to configure".   I find them rather nice.  Once you have one
working config it is very easy to copy that config over to the mac address
files for the other phones that you have and only change the per phone bits.
Set up a site wide sip.cfg and then use phone-(macaddress).cfg files for the
individual settings for each phone. real nice when you have more than a
couple phones to configure.
It is not my intention to start any war here just giving my 2 cents worth.
JohnM