[asterisk-users] Wanted: tutorial on troubleshooting SIP issues

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 03:20:16 CST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 1:11 AM, Philip Prindeville
<philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
> For someone that's network-aware, but hasn't sat down and plowed through
> umpteen SIP-related RFC's and memorized the standards, is there a good
> primer on troubleshooting SIP issues?

It's true that using Ethereal (is that what Wireshark is nowadays?)
will show you a lot and teach you a lot, but, I totally agree with
you, it would be a popular site indeed that posted a commented cleaned
up packet dump with examples of sequences for one or more popular
phones and full explanations. Such a project would help a lot of
people become more aware of SIP and bring attention to the person or
company who does it.