[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail -- HELP! Asterisk not playing Greeting!

Michael Schwartz mike at ziacom.us
Sun Nov 11 11:35:24 CST 2007

I'm using Asterisk 1.4.13, the latest released version. The linux platform
is FC7.

I setup my Asterisk server to use IMAP storage. Dovecot is the IMAP
server. Its storing messages perfectly--no problems.

I should also mention that I'm using MySQL for real-time configuration.
That must be working (at least partially), because I can authenticate v.
the voicemail table.

However, the Voicemail system does not play a custom unavailable greeting.
When I record the greeting (using the std voicemail method), it creates a
valid .WAV file, which I can play using the Playback command. However,
when an incoming voicemail is received, Asterisk plays the default system
greeting.

I see this warning in the logs:
//...2125551212 is the sample voicemail box in this example...//

[Nov 11 12:30:00] WARNING[8343] app_voicemail.c: Failed to open file:
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/consumer/2125551212/unavail/msg-001.WAV: No
such file or directory

I'm not sure if this is actually bad though, because it is recording the
messages in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/consumer/2125551212.

Any ideas? I don't understand why the voicemail system would know how to
record the greeting, but not play it.

Thanks in advance! I'm really stumped on this one.

- Mike Schwartz