[asterisk-users] RTP traffic not being forwarded

Ryan Newington ryan at lithiumblue.com
Sat Nov 10 19:35:53 CST 2007

Hi,

I currently have an issue where asterisk is not forwarding the RTP traffic between 2 endpoints. The SIP session gets set up correctly, and both parties get connected. The RTP audio is being sent by both endpoints to the correct ports on the Asterisk server as per the session description in the SIP conversation. However, Asterisk is not forwarding either endpoint's RTP traffic to the other.

When using 'rtp debug' on the asterisk console, it shows that it is receiving traffic from one endpoint, but not the other. A wireshark trace reveals it is actually receiving traffic from both ends.

It doesn't seem to be complaining or generating any errors that I can see, any suggestions on what I can do or where to look to find out what is going on?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan