[asterisk-users] Wanted: tutorial on troubleshooting SIP issues

Eric Chamberlain eric at voxilla.com
Fri Nov 9 09:28:17 CST 2007

The NOTIFY packets are most likely keepalive packets from the SPA942 to the Asterisk server.  In a NATed WAN environment they are used to keep the firewall ports open.

In your LAN situation, you can turn them off.  The NAT keepalive is configured on a per extension basis.  To turn them off, log into the administrative interface on the SPA942 and go to each Ext tab.  On each Ext tab, there will be a NAT Settings section, change the NAT Keep Alive Enable to No.

--
Eric Chamberlain, CISSP
Chief Technical Officer