[asterisk-users] Video Call

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Nov 7 16:43:34 CST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Marek B wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2007 9:03 PM, Bert Haverkamp <bert at bertenselena.net> wrote:
>>

>>  This is generally not possible. The 3G phones (GPRS will be a strech
>> wrt bandwidth) that do video telephony, do not support any SIP. So the
>> (...)
>
> Not true - Nokia N95, 3G phone with video telephony, SIP support included.
> Makes no difference though - I haven't heard about any possibility to
> use builtin video connectivity on top of SIP.

I'd love to be able to do this on my Nokia E90 too... Maybe one day! The
voice SIP interface actually seems to work quite well over Wi-Fi though.
It seems a lot more reliable than my UTS F1000G "toy" phone....

(And to be able to use SIP via it's 3G interface, but I'm not sure if
that's possible - again, maybe one day!)

Gordon