[asterisk-users] Board configuration - specification or recommendation

Josh Richards josh.t.richards at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:25:07 CST 2007

To determine what you are going to need, you'll want to start by discussing
what you plan to do with the system, including capacity (e.g. number of
users/extensions, types of calls, etc.).   I'd suggest some research,
starting with the following resources which have a lot of good background,
theory, as well as real-world experiences from other users:

  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+dimensioning
  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+hardware+recommendations
  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+hardware#PCServerMotherboards

There are also off-the-shelf appliance style solutions or you can build your
own:

  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+embedded+systems
  http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/store.html
  http://www.digium.com/en/products/appliance/

-jr

--
Josh Richards - Grover Beach, California US
josh.t.richards at gmail.com (don't forget the middle 't' initial when writing)

Geek Research (Technology Management Consulting) -
http://www.geekresearch.com/

Support These Nifty Causes: http://Kiva.org http://RoomToRead.org