[asterisk-users] wifi

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Wed Nov 7 11:54:36 CST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:47:50 -0500, joakimsen at gmail.com wrote:

>I am very happy with the Linksys WRT54GS v4 routers and the WRT54GL
>(which are both supposed to be the same hardware). Also the Buffalo
>WHR-G54S, WHR-G125 & WHR-HP-G54S models all running the DD-WRT
>firmware of Sebastian Gottschall. However the management featureset is
>still that of a consumer router.
>
>However I have yet to find a WiFi handset I am happy with.
>
>On 11/6/07, Michael Graves <mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to survey those on-list who actually use wifi SIP handsets.
>> What type of wifi access point do you use? Are you happy with it?

This is my suspicion as well. I had a Hitachi WIP5000 in 2005 when they
were first released. It was nice looking but not sufficiently
functional.

What I learned from that experience was not to trust consumer access
points...which is why I'm thinking something more robust, if more
costly would be my next move.

Michael

--
Michael Graves