[asterisk-users] MeetMe CPU resources

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 03:35:30 CST 2007

In article <20071106221747.GA8585 at pinux.info>,
Carles Pina i Estany <carles at pina.cat> wrote:
> On Nov/06/2007, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > I have a number of systems that have a single Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz (with HT),
> > 1GB RAM and a 4xE1 PRI card (TE410P), and they regularly have conferences
> > with up to 90 participants. I would expect them easily to handle the full
>
> Wow, 90 participants. Do you use just MeetMe in Asterisk?

Yes, with some modifications, but they are not performance-related.

> Just for curiosity: All of them can talk to conference? or only some of
> them?
> I thought about it, and for me, 90 "open microphone" participants looks
> like some white noise :-) Not tried here... just wondering how do you
> do.

Well, the users have the ability to mute themselves, and there is also
usually an operator with a control screen who can mute noisy participants
if required. And I believe people only speak when invited to by the
conference chairman. It seems to work to the customer's satisfaction,
anyway.

Actually, 90 was the peak channel usage I observed - it could well have
been split between multiple conferences, rather than all in a single one.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield