[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.4.10 on linux kernel 2.6 needs timing device for trunking

Hans Feringa linux at shelob.nl
Tue Nov 6 11:30:33 CST 2007

I understood that a timing device (ztdummy if no zaptel hardware is
present) was not necessary anymore with linux kernel 2.6.

When I enable iax2 trunking I get this warning
 chan_iax2.c:8908 build_user: Unable to support trunking on user 'xxxxxx'
without zaptel timing

The linux kernel is 2.6.22-14-386

Can I ignore this message, and is trunking working despite this warning?

The ztdummy module is not part of the zaptel ubuntu package, so it cannot
be loaded. I wanted to install from ubuntu packages for a change and not
compile it from source.

rgds,

Hans Feringa