[asterisk-users] Recording just first part of call?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 05:49:48 CST 2007

I know that I can record the contents of a call by calling Monitor()
or MixMonitor() from the dialplan just before invoking Dial().

I have a potential customer who wants only the first minute of each
call recorded (for identification purposes, without the storage overhead
of keeping the complete call).

Can anyone here think of the easiest way to do this? The only possibilities
I can think of are:

a) Add a new option to Monitor() or MixMonitor() to stop recording after
a specified length of time.

b) Record the whole call and post-process the recording file to discard
all except the required first part.

Any better ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Tony