[asterisk-users] Two B410P cards in one machine

asterisk-users at rogg.is asterisk-users at rogg.is
Mon Nov 5 17:03:10 CST 2007

Hi.

I have two B410P ISDN BRI cards in one machine running Asterisk on Ubuntu
7.04.  One card connects to the PSTN network and is therefore in TE mode on
all four ports and the other card is in NT mode and connects to a PBX. The
Asterisk is used to remap features, callerid's and more from the PSTN to the
PBX.

1) Is there any special care I need to take regarding the configuration for
these cards when they're put together like this? Especially concerning
timing between calls bridged from one card to the other (PSTN call comes in,
Asterisk answers it and connects to a new call going out on another port to
the PBX)?

2) Is there a way to make sure that this is all run on the PSTN timing
source through the asterisk box and over to the PBX?

3) Even though the call quality through the Asterisk box is ok as far as I
can hear, I'm experiencing tiny drops in the audio stream at regular
intervals (around every two seconds or so). My guess was timing slip of some
sort between the cards or something like this, but perhaps I'm missing
something that really needs to be taken care with when using two cards like
this in one machine?

Perhaps all the same question with a different twist, but I'm just trying to
get the hang of this config and I can't find detailed enough documentation
for this scenario via usual sources.

All information relating to the "correct" or proper configuration of
multiple B410P cards in one machine is very much appreciated.

tnx,

Baldvin