[asterisk-users] Meetme - how to protect the conference?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Mon Nov 5 14:30:55 CST 2007

> I am just wondering - it there any way how to protect a conference from
> being abused by someone?
> I know I can request pin, but that pin is then hardcoded in meetme.conf
> and normal user can not change it.
>
> I would like to establish an admin user who could set a pin for the
> conference to be used by other participants. Is that possible?
> Thanks,

You can create dynamic conferences - with or without specifying
conference PIN. The first one who joins conference enter's room number
and PIN, that is then used for authentication. Of course you can prompt
before for some extra code - to allow creation of conferences. Admins
have other meaning for conferences - they can kick users, etc..

Regards,
Atis