[asterisk-users] Arbitrary limit on length of email address?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:39:51 CST 2007

I'm trying to get emailing of voicemail messages to work and by and
large it does...

However one email address is quite long in comparison to others I am
testing and it fails to get delivered.

For example - this one works and gets delivered:

[Nov  5 18:35:14] DEBUG[2509]: app_voicemail.c:1957 sendmail: Sent mail
to ****.****@***.*****.com with command '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t'

And is 23 characters in length

Whereas this one:

[Nov  5 18:36:02] DEBUG[2519]: app_voicemail.c:1957 sendmail: Sent mail
to ********@***************centre.com with command '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t'

fails to get delivered and is 34 characters long.

Both email accounts work otherwise and I have had no recorded problems
with mails not arriving at the 34ch address before.

Any ideas? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers

Alan