[asterisk-users] Dynamic Queue Members - Auto Logoff

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:19:35 CST 2007

On 11/5/07, Nick Brown <Nick at ipera.com.au> wrote:

> Another quick question (Spending the day trying to get this project sorted
> and tucked away) If I am dynamically adding queue members, they will not
> abide to settings within agents.conf will they?

correct.

Ie. I need the equivalent of Autologoff however want my agents to receive
> calls when someone joins the queue, not have to sit on hold all day. I see
> AgentCallbackLogin has finally been removed.
>
> Has anyone got a work around for this?

It hasn't been removed (in 1.4), just deprecated (I assume you're not trying
this with -trunk).  Still, it's not compatible with adding members via
AddQueueMember().

There is an example of doing auto-logoff in docs/queues-
with-callbackmembers.txt in the source distribution.  Look for "macro
callagent" for the specific block that does the work.  You do have to be
using Local channels to make this work though, as you need to Dial() the
actual device from the dialplan, then check ${DIALSTATUS} to make decisions
about what to do if the agent doesn't pick up.

j.