[asterisk-users] Which Variable???

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Mon Nov 5 08:17:28 CST 2007

Jeng Yu wrote:
> Hi Gurus!
>
> Please excuse this pesky Asterisk rookie....:-)
>
> I just wanted to know which channel variable tells
> asterisk the number of rings before an incoming call
> on FXO channel is answered?
>
> I looked through zapata.conf.sample and other places
> and could not find something there readily.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeng

To my knowledge, there isn't one. There are two things that affect how
an FXO channel is answered. The first one is whether "usecallerid" is
set on the channel. If it is set to yes on a channel that doesn't
actually have caller ID it can cause a roughly 2 ring delay before the
call is passed to the dial plan. The second, is based entirely on the
dial plan. When a call comes in and is passed to an extension in a
certain context it's up to you when/how/if the call is ever answered.

-Dave