[asterisk-users] Not Hearing hello-world Play

Jeng Yu jengyu2007 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 02:19:08 CST 2007

Hi Asterisk Gurus!

My lab asterisk box has 1 FXO and 1 FXS ports in it.
I connect a GSM phone to the FXO port. I connect a
regular corded phone to the FXS port.

The Dial() application for both incoming and outgoing
calls specifies the A(hello-world) flag. From another
GSM phone, if I call the extension (corded) phone
attached to the box, it plays the hello-world file
when I pick it up.

But from the extension phone if I dial to another GSM
phone and I pick it up, it does not play (or at least
I don't hear it play) the hello-world.

What's the obvious thing I'm overlooking here?

Thanks,

Jeng