[asterisk-users] Two PRI setup questions

Lutgring, Sam LutgrinS at calhounisd.org
Thu Nov 1 19:31:39 CDT 2007

I am in the process of implementing a new ISDN pri and have a couple of questions.  This is a full 24 channels (23 B and 1 D) delivered over a T1 interface.  The interface looks good and is not showing any errors.  Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

1)  What switchtype should be configured in the zapata.conf file when AT&T is using CUSTOM?  My understanding is that this equates to the dms100 in Asterisk, is this right?  The D channel is coming up just fine, but AT&T tells me that they cannot see the B channels.  When I try to make a call I get a slow busy and the debug shows an ISDN cause code of 34, no circuit available.

2)  Is there a way to see the idle status of a B channel?  When AT&T tells me they don't see the B channels coming up, is there a way that I can see this in Asterisk???

Thanks in advance.