[asterisk-users] Outgoing PRI CID?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Nov 1 16:31:08 CDT 2007

It is up to your carrier to permit you to send different Caller*ID.
Many carriers that let you send your own Caller*ID number (you can't
send Caller*ID Name) but if you send an invalid number, they will drop
the call or override the Caller*ID number with the primary number of
your PRI.

;exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num)})

This is the same as saying Set(FRED=${FRED})  It makes no sense to
assign the value of a variable to that same variable.  I understand you
have this commented out, but I wanted to mention it.

exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/graham/${EXTEN},30,r)

DO NOT EVER USE THE "r" OPTION TO DIAL UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
DOING!!!!  Asterisk will provide ringing sound to the caller by default.
  "r" overrides audio messages, busy sounds, "the cellular caller you
are trying to reach is not available" messages, etc with a ringing sound.

Remember Caller*ID Number is either country code + area code + number or
area code + number.  You never put a 1 or 0 at the beginning of the
number.  CallerID Number also can not have spaces, dashes, or other crud.