[asterisk-users] PRI commands missing...

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Nov 1 12:09:50 CDT 2007

Arpit Mehta wrote:
> This happens when your pri line is down. This has happened a couple of times
> to me and the pri commands come back when the pri line is up. My guess is
> that your pri line is down.

No.  The pri commands should be there even if the span goes down.  The
reason why the pri commands wouldn't be there is that chan_zap didn't
load for some reason.  Try starting asterisk with the -vvvvvvvv options
to see what chan_zap says when it tries to load.

Matthew Fredrickson

> Hope it helps.
>
> Arpit
>

> On 10/31/07, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com> wrote:
>>     I have an Asterisk server running Elastix but patched to use Unicall.
>> Everything seems to be working fine and the TE220 card is up and running
>> with
>> port 1 configured as PRI and port 2 as MFC/R2.  We can already send and
>> receive calls on port two but we cannot on port one.  That is when we
>> noticed
>> that there are no PRI commands available on the Asterisk CLI.  We cannot
>> use
>> PRI DEBUG SPAN to determine why port 1 is not receiving or sending calls.
>>
>>     Why would this commands be missing?
>>
>> --
>> Carlos Chavez
>> Director de Tecnología
>> Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de México S.A. de C.V.
>> Tel: +52-55-91169161 Ext 2001

Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.