[asterisk-users] SER/OpenSER as registrar to Asterisk (1500 SIP users)

Antoine Megalla aatef at rocketmail.com
Thu Nov 1 07:34:26 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a client who requires an Asterisk system with
1500 SIP clients.
All clients will have ATAs (mostly Grandstream), so I
think a single
Asterisk server will not be able to handle all 1500
registrations, plus
typical applications like Voicemail, call forwarding,
etc.. and the billing
needs for all the clients.

I have searched all over, and it seems that the
perfect solution is using
SER/OpenSER as registration server for the SIP
clients, and then use
Asterisk (one or more servers in load balancing mode)
for everything else.

The problem is that I cannot find any configuration
files for such a setup.
I can do all the Asterisk configuration, dial plan,
AGIs, apps, etc.. but
for SER/OpenSER I cannot find anything.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction,
provide me with OpenSER
configuration, or any pointers on the subject. I tried
to read all the
material on how to write configuration files for
OpenSER, but it is
incomprehensible to me, and it is much harder that
when I learning Asterisk
3 years ago.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,