[asterisk-users] Diva and Asterisk

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu May 31 02:21:31 MST 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007, CSB wrote:
> I am trying to understand the difference between the divas4linux available
> from the Eicom/Dialogic website and the melware version. Am I right in
> thinking that the melware version is for Trixbox or Asterisk but the Dialogic
> version is for Asterisk only (i.e. will not work with Trixbox?). I've noticed
> that some of the things mentioned on the Dialogic web site as included with
> Divas e.g. web configuration, acopy2 are not available. Are they excluded from
> the melware version?

This is partly correct. Let me try to explain:
- both packages contain the same divas driver (they are based on the same
  sources and firmware)
- the Eicon package is a RPM which patches your kernel for compliation of
  the drivers, the melware package just uses the kernel build-system, but
  doesn't modify your kernel.
- the Eicon package includes additional drivers and files which are not
  used with the melware-package or because of closed-source nature.
  (E.g. web-conf: not used with melware; DIVA-TTY driver: closed source;
   ...)
- Both packages can be used for asterisk, trixbox, etc. The difference is
  that the melware-package is also provided as precompiled RPM for trixbox.
  (Most people have problems compiling from source ;-)
- melware package also contains the current version of the diva2i4l driver
  for kernel 2.6 (to use old isdn4linux devices with new divas driver).

> Also, when I try to reconfigure the Diva card I get the following message:
>
> Update CFGLib information ... failed
>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------DIVA
> CONFIGURATION: CFGLib DRIVER LOAD FAILED                       PLEASECHECK
> SYSTEM INSTALLATION                       (kernel version, missingfiles)
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------DIVAS4LINUX
> SHUTDOWN OK.Is this because I'm using the melware divas4linux with Asterisk or
> is theresome other problem?Any advice is appreciated.RegardsCameron

Which version is that? It should not happen again, when you do
  divas_stop.rc
  divas_cfg.rc
and should be fixed in latest melware .tgz

BTW: do you know that you can do conferencing with CAPI and non-CAPI
channels with chan-capi and divas now? The onboard DSPs will be used for
mixing the voice.
I'm currently cloning/adapting app_meetme to work with chan-capi.

Armin